Life is Short

Life is Short

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

ODE OF A SOUNDLESS LOVE

I feel a soft beat coming from my heart,
It whispers out your name but I try to shut the thought…
Like the silent seas at dawn, I fear this silent feelings,
Gentle as the mild breeze in spring, yet as strong as the autumn wind,
Your serene  way touches my senses, and my confusion begins…
Though so delicate and dainty, it will be outshone by your beauty.


So I embrace this sweet madness and kiss the advent pain,
I can endure our distance, but not your prolonged absence;
It travels a thousand miles; embraces my fragile state of being
Every glance on your photographs, gives a shiver to my bones…
My heart beats faster and I withdraw from the agony,
I blow secret rose petals and wish for it to touch you somehow,

Enclosed herewith, is my concealed profound love for you.

 I close my eyes and search for the memory of your face,
And in my imagination I touch your silky hair…
I then weave a satin dream of just you and me,
Alas! Like cobwebs, one teardrop can break the lovely spell…
When I wake up to reality, it’s clear I have no grasp of you,
So let this love remain in my heart, and let it just hide deep within… 



- J.Perfinan

No comments:

Post a Comment