Life is Short

Life is Short

Thursday, September 12, 2013

PORK BARREL: My Stand

I am a Filipino...I am a TAX PAYER...Yes, I pay tax, which is a big portion of my salary being deducted every payday...A big portion which I could actually use to pay my electricity, water and phone bills, a big portion of my salary which I could use for buying my baby's milk, an amount which I could in fact put in a trust fund for my daughter's future-Yes, it is a big portion of my salary that I pay to make sure that my daughter and I can live in a decent Philippines. So, imagine how hurtful, how devastating it is for a tax payer like me to learn that the money that I earn by working from 4:00 pm to 2:00 am is being used by these power hungry and greedy politicians for their personal interests. Millions and Millions of Peso which perhaps allow them to buy luxury cars, while I commute by public transport everyday; the nation's money which gives them the opportunity to buy beautiful mansions IN CASH, while I strive to pay monthly to be able to have a decent shelter. No wonder why the Philippines continue to be a land of poverty...A third world country, no matter how many times the President announces that our Economy is improving. That humongous amount of money that is being corrupted and robbed from us by these monsters could probably provide the Philippines with a better social security system,-to lessen street children, to lessen hungry stomachs, to lessen criminals (robbers, pick pockets, etc.), allowing us and our families to live in a safer community. It is an unbelievably enormous amount that could send plenty of youth to school. An amount of money that could actually prevent the government from having very high deficits or debts from other countries (which is also paid by us and will be paid by our children and their children). Or it can presumably be an amount of money that could make the Philippines a Utopia.

I am a FILIPINO TAX PAYER and through prayers I SUPPORT "A MILLION PEOPLE MARCH TO LUNETA" to ABOLISH THE PDAF/PORK BARREL!





No comments:

Post a Comment