Life is Short

Life is Short

Friday, July 24, 2015

But My Love is a Candle


This fierce ache in my heart is a cowardly calm, 
A drop of boiling, melting candle wax on my palm
The intensity is pricking; the pain is stinging
Alas! as the wax hardens, the hurt starts vanishing

Then here's my love for you, not gone, still strong
Blame me not; I've fallen in love with you all along
Though you've chosen to pain me, it has not stopped me
My love for you is a river, screaming, raging so freely

If this ode of mine reaches you, be it known that it's true
What real love, passion; feelings of the soul can really do
Yes, like a candle, it may slowly die as the wax melts down
It melts yes, but when gathered can create a brand new one

You may elude or desert me, but my love is a candle

It melts yes, but when gathered can create a brand new one
                                                                                  -j.perfinan

No comments:

Post a Comment