Life is Short

Life is Short

Monday, July 13, 2015

Pink Margarita

I hold this margarita glass,
I stare at the pink liquid inside,
I take a sip and taste the sweetness,
And I say, “this is me,
This is what I should be”,
Then, I must escape from you…

You are a margarita glass,
You are the pink liquid inside,
You have the sweetness too,
And I speak to myself, “this is you.
This is what I also am”,
Then, must I escape from you?

We are the margarita glass,
We are the pink liquid inside,
We both have this taste of sweetness,
And I just know, that I have to escape from you…

With every sip and every taste and every sweetness,
I think of you, tears drop for you...
With every sip and every taste and every sweetness,
Still do not give me the courage and the voice,
to express and confess every pouring love for you…

if I break this margarita glass,
if I pour this pink liquid,
but still embrace and linger on the sweetness,
then I will not have to escape from you…

if I face my courage and have the voice,
if I express and confess every pouring love for you,
will you still embrace the sweet aftertaste that lingers?
No. I know that you will escape and run away from me...


Sweet Pink Margarita lingers on me...
So, I whisper to myself, "I need to escape now from you..."

-j.perfinan

No comments:

Post a Comment